David Christopher Schirmer
I truly enjoy dentistry as a profession and come from a family full of dentists, including my father, daughter, and several cousins. Before moving to Sarasota, I practiced in New York as a successful general and cosmetic dentist.
With my new team here in Sarasota, we continue the practice of general and cosmetic dentistry, but with a special interest in facial esthetics and the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
We constructed a new state-of-the-art facility adjacent to Sarasota Memorial Hospital. We are very excited to provide our patients with the highest level of care, but with special attention to their particular desires in treatment options.
Highlights of my career include several honorary fellowships as nominated by my peers. I am a co-author of the book Quality Measurement in Dentistry, a publication that continues to evolve under new authors and leadership.
I was the Chairman of Education for the Dental Quality Alliance which sponsored the development of this publication. I was a Council member of the American Dental Association for four years and served on multiple committees. But most of all, I have enjoyed providing care to all of my patients and look forward to serving you!
- Niagara University, BS, magna cum laude
- Georgetown University, DDS, honors
- The Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health
- American Dental Association
- ADA Council on Access, Prevention, and Interprofessional Relations
- The Dental Quality Alliance, Chairman of Education
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry